Thursday, January 20, 2011

Here I am
This is my body
What is it you see?
Take a look at my hands
Knuckles covered in scars
My throat: red and raw
Sore, always sore.
My eyes, barely open
Lifeless and cold
And underneath, lay dark hallows
My skin feels and looks old
Hair, dry and limp
Nails brittle and chipped
Lips and fingers, a touch of light blue
My heart beats so slow
Barely audible against the roar
Of silence, so deafening,
It envelops my soul
And through static and numbness
My life is trapped in this strange mold.

A hunger, never satisfied
A thirst, never quenched
When all I seek is emptiness
How will I ever fill this void?
The desire, it consumes me
As my body consumes itself
For energy, I refuse to give it
Lest I strangle myself.

Ana, please sustain me,
And grant me thy peace
Help me combat gluttony
And let this sorrow finally cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment